Welcome to my blog...

Green trees, cool water, a gentle breeze...the perfect place to sit at the feet of the Master and learn. Jesus taught so often on the shoreline, and He's still speaking today.

This is where I share the lessons He teaches me, often during the time I spend on the shores of a local lake. I don't have all the answers...and some days I don't have any. But I go here when I need to draw near to Him in a tangible way. Come with me...

Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Year of Lessons

July 9th is my one year 'blogoversary' and I am amazed.  Amazed at what's transpired in a year, amazed at the thoughts and stories God has given to me to share with all of you, and amazed at 'all of you'.  When I started this blog, I invited my circle of friends to take a look.  Never would I have thought that 12 months later I would have written 70 posts garnering nearly 3,000 views from 20 or more countries.   I know that compared to some, that's small potatoes.  But I never set out to become a voice to the world.  I just wanted an outlet to share some life lessons.  A place to laugh and cry with friends.  Somewhere I could express my wonder and joy at what God has done in my life and maybe save a person or two from the heartache of making the same mistakes I've made.

When I get comments to the effect that what's been written is 'exactly what you needed to hear', or see that you've been moved enough to share a post on your Facebook page, I am humbled and thankful that God has used me to speak to your heart.  It's a privilege to have this voice.

I have a couple of posts I'm working on, but for this one year mark, I'm resurrecting the link to my very first  post entitled "Majesty" based on Psalm 8.  Much has changed in a year, but much has stayed the same.  As I re-read the post I find I still love reading the truths in 'Jesus Calling', I still love watching sunsets at the lake, and God's majesty is still a wonderment.

So thank you for coming along on this journey so far.  Blessings to each of you, and I hope you enjoy reading Majesty!

~ Toni

1 comment:

  1. Happy Blogoversary!!! Whooo-hoo!! Wish we could share some cake! : )

    Just stopping by to say thanks for the post on my blog and let you know I have the Mark Batterson book on my Kindle, if you want to "borrow" it. If you have a Kindle, or the app for it, they will let me share it with you for 2 weeks. That way you can see if you like it! : ) just let me know! I'm not quite sure how to do it, but it can't be that hard!

    ReplyDelete