Welcome to my blog...

Green trees, cool water, a gentle breeze...the perfect place to sit at the feet of the Master and learn. Jesus taught so often on the shoreline, and He's still speaking today.

This is where I share the lessons He teaches me, often during the time I spend on the shores of a local lake. I don't have all the answers...and some days I don't have any. But I go here when I need to draw near to Him in a tangible way. Come with me...

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Hold Your Tongue

Once again today, I am honored to have one of my devotionals published on christiandevotions.us.  You'll find the link here You're Fired.  If you've ever been tempted to gossip (and be honest...haven't we all?), this reflection on James 3:5-6 may remind you that no good comes from it and sometimes, it can be very damaging.

With all the preparations for the upcoming holidays at full throttle, there haven't been many posts on this blog as of late.  There are more entries from the storm series coming, as well as other lessons from the lakeside...watch for them in the coming week or two!

In the meantime...as Thanksgiving approaches, you might want to read the recent post A Heart of Thanksgiving as a way to jump start your list of things you're grateful for!

Blessings and enjoy your Thanksgiving Day!

Toni


2 comments:

  1. Congrats again, my dear. LOVE that you are published! Miss your posts, but am looking forward to more (when you get a minute -- wah wah wah), especially the 'storm' series.

    But for now...just remember to breathe. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Toni! Congrats to you. Will pop over to read and also wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete