Welcome to my blog...

Green trees, cool water, a gentle breeze...the perfect place to sit at the feet of the Master and learn. Jesus taught so often on the shoreline, and He's still speaking today.

This is where I share the lessons He teaches me, often during the time I spend on the shores of a local lake. I don't have all the answers...and some days I don't have any. But I go here when I need to draw near to Him in a tangible way. Come with me...

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Where's Your GPS?

Today was a crazy day!

Last night, I ran over a random tire lying in the road. I hit it hard and was concerned there was front end damage underneath, so this morning, I drove out to the repair shop to have it looked at.

Then I headed over to the cell phone store to have my phone checked because after 8 hours of charging, it was dead. There were 2 people ahead of me and it was obvious I'd never get waited on in time to make my doctor's visit.

My doctor's visit! I remembered the form I needed him to complete, the reason for the visit, was still at home.

I dashed out the door of the cell phone store and headed home to grab the paperwork.

I arrived a few minutes early for my appointment and caught my breath. Cleared for surgery, my next stop was the hospital to pick up a letter from the surgeon which would allow me to put my gym membership on hold for a few months.

Problem was, I wasn't exactly sure how to get there from where I was. I reached for my phone and...oh yeah. It was dead. Forget GPS.

I thought I could do it relying on my memory to guide me.

I passed a road I recognized. Was it because it led to the hospital or because I took it to my daughter's house? Without GPS, I couldn't be sure.

I didn't make the left, but kept going straight.

I wound up on the main street of a small town I knew was NEAR my destination, but I wasn't exactly sure where it was in relationship to the hospital. Was it above or below? East or west of the facility?

I asked two women crossing the street. "Sorry, we're from the shore area...we don't really know our way around here."

I pulled over to ask the garbage man. "No idea."

I was sure I was close, but no one seemed to know the exact path to get there.

Then it dawned on me that there should be hospital signs along the road if I was as close as I thought I was. I prayed that God would open my eyes to see one soon to give me confidence that I was headed in the right direction.

Eventually, I ran across a road I knew and made the left I probably should have made miles before.

There!

Up ahead was the familiar white H on the blue background. I was back on track.

My friend, I would submit that our walk with God is often like my day today.

Bumps in the road can cause damage we can't even see.

Then we make things worse when we rush out on our way without GPS - God's Power Source.

Our Bible sits unopened and we are "uncharged" for the day at hand.

When decisions come regarding which road to travel, we rely on our own instincts and abilities...and miss the turn.

We ask others, rely on the world for direction, but they either don't know or get us lost even further. Being "close" isn't good enough. There's only one right path.

Then we realize we just need to pray. Pray for our eyes to be opened. Pray for divine guidance because left to our own devices, we're thoroughly lost.

When we seek God with all our heart, when we sincerely ask for guidance, He is faithful to provide it.

Where's your GPS? Have you opened it lately to charge your soul? Are your maps updated? Do you know which way to go and how to get there?

This year, my verse from God's GPS is Jeremiah 29:13: You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Seek Him. In His Word, through prayer, through the signs He has posted along life's journey. He's faithful to get you where you need to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment