Welcome to my blog...

Green trees, cool water, a gentle breeze...the perfect place to sit at the feet of the Master and learn. Jesus taught so often on the shoreline, and He's still speaking today.

This is where I share the lessons He teaches me, often during the time I spend on the shores of a local lake. I don't have all the answers...and some days I don't have any. But I go here when I need to draw near to Him in a tangible way. Come with me...

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Long Way to the "Big Way"


As a young girl, I’d never heard of “God-sized dreams”, but knew in my heart God would use me in a big way. 
At 13, my aunt gave me a journal with this inscription “God blessed you with a creative writing talent. Whether it will be something that will serve just to give you pleasure or become something that will truly get your name in “important” print (for many to enjoy) only time will tell. You, however, with God’s help and guidance should develop your ability as much as possible.”
I filled that journal with poems and stories, but even more than writing, I loved singing.
So in college, I was sure that performing was the “big way” I’d be used.
Why do we think Almighty God…The One who created US…THE Dream Giver…needs help to chart our course?   
But I was 18 and knew everything.  Until I knew nothing...

The Long Way to the "Big Way" is the guest post at God-sized Dreams today...won't you join me there to learn the rest of the story?






No comments:

Post a Comment